With the summer coming to an end, many young people and college students are gearing up for the return to school and college. When I was coming up, the first of August, my mom and I would begin shopping for school supplies and school clothes. It was my favorite memory because I loved school supplies, especially pens. I still look for great writing pens. However, I didn’t get any tips on how to make my experience of returning to school the best.
Here are a few tips on how you may recommend to your student on what they can do to start their school year out right!
• Be Organized: Write down your homework assignments. Get a tutor if needed and ask for help when you need it.
• Get good school supplies: Choose from your school list of supplies and shop for the best supplies. I suggest picking out a pen you really like or some other school item.
• Get the right clothes: This is probably the most easiest thing to do. Get colors that make you feel good, bright colors. Get clothes that represent your personality.
• Do your very best: Ask questions, study for your test, do the extra work, get help when needed and let your teacher know and your parents when you are having difficulty with any subject.
• Join school clubs and activities: This is always a great way to make friends and be a part of something good at your school. In Junior High, I was a cheerleader, in the band and the National Honor Society. So join your favorite activity it builds character and confidence.
For more tips on how you can make your school year a good one, read this article http://www.wikihow.com/Have-the-Best-School-Year-Ever
We hope everyone has a great year and enjoy the journey of learning, growing and being a part their school.
#backtoschool #schooltips #education @ujimamagazine @paigeturna #school #aisd
Embrace Your Community