Traffic congestion in Austin costs everyone time and money, diminishes our quality of life, and continues to increase as Central Texas grows.
Capital Metro, the City of Austin, CAMPO, the Lone Star Rail District, and other partners are working together to improve long-term mobility and accessibility, support local and regional growth objectives, and meet community needs by helping families:
– Gain more transportation options
– Have better access to affordable housing
– Connect to employment and education centers
– Create and sustain vibrant local communities
To learn more about Project Connect and the Urban Rail recommendation, please join us at any of the following neighborhood open houses, and visit projectconnect.com to stay informed. Please forward this message to anyone else you think might be interested in the future of transportation in Central Texas. If you cannot make it to one of these open houses, we will come to you! If you are a member of a neighborhood or community group, please invite us to your next meeting to update your membership on Project Connect and the Urban Rail project.
Neighborhood Open Houses: These will be come and go events, allowing attendees to participate when it is most convenient.
– Tuesday May 27, 1130 AM – 130 PM – St. David’s Episcopal Church, Downtown Austin, 301 E 8th St
– Saturday June 7, 9AM – 1PM – Downtown Farmer’s Market in Republic Square, 422 Guadalupe
– Saturday June 7, 1PM – 5PM – Parque Zaragoza Recreation Center, 2608 Gonzales St
– Thursday June 12, 5PM – 8PM –Dove Springs Recreation Center, 5801 Ainez Dr
– Saturday June 14, 11AM – 3PM –Triangle Club Room at Main Office, 4600 W Guadalupe St
– Sunday June 22, 11AM – 3PM – South Lamar Farmers Market, 2323 S. Lamar
– Saturday June 28, 11AM – 3PM – Microsoft Store at the Domain, 3309 Esperanza Crossing
– Sunday June 29, 10AM – 2PM – Mueller Farmers Market, 2007 Mueller Central Dr
– Tuesday July 1, 5PM – 8PM – Gus Garcia Recreation Center, 1201 E Rundberg Ln
– Saturday July 12, 1PM – 5PM – Circle C HOA Building, 7817 La Crosse Ave
– Saturday July 19, 9AM – 1PM – Sunset Valley Farmers Market, 3200 Jones Road
– Saturday July 26, 9AM – 1PM – Barton Creek Mall Farmers Market, 2901 S Capital of Texas Hwy
Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request. Please provide notice at least two days in advance. Contact (512) 369-6201or by email at email@example.com for more information or to request informational materials in another format.
Much more information on Project Connect can be found on our website:www.projectconnect.com.
#projectconnect, #austinrail, #ujimamagazine, #capitalmetro, #CAMPO, #Lonestairraildistrict