The 20th year of the Texas Conference For Women started off with a bang. The room filled to capacity and the overflow meant women standing on every piece of wall that was free.
Yvonne Nava, morning anchor, with KVUE Daybreak started the morning off with good vibes and energy. You could feel the excitement for the day. There were three speakers that gave great incite and advice to becoming a better women. Here a few highlights and take away.
Laysha Ward, EVP and Chief External Officer at Target gave this tidbit. “Women Supporting Women, Nothing Can Stop Us.” She introduced three women who are a part of Targets’ Storytellers project. They each had stories of inspiration, life changing decisions and making the lives of others better in their communities.
Carla Harris, a dynamic speaker and vice chairman and managing director at Morgan Stanley. Her career has expanded over 32 years on Wall Street. She gave the Carla’s Personal Pearls.
- Own your power. Know who you are and be your authentic self because doubt gives your power away.
- Be willing to take risk. Fear has no place in your success equation. Failure brings a gift of experience for your next step.
- It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. If it feels right do it! If someone says anything, apologize at that point.
- If someone says “you are too much for them.” You are. Never apologize for your success. Don’t ever dim your light for someone else.
- CELEBRATE OFTEN!!! Whatever your success is, celebrate it. Don’t forget to celebrate your friends success as well.
- Life is a journey. Go for it all the time!!!
Last but not least, Megan Rapinoe, the two-time World Cup champion and co-captain of the US Women’s National team left these pieces of nuggets.
- Don’t change who you are.
- Everyone on a team has a role and their assets are important for success of the team as a whole.
So you can read these words of wisdom shared got the day off to a wonderful start.
#txconfwomen #ujimaatx #austinconventioncenter @carlaannharris @yvonnen_kvue